Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So Boxer, Beetle came out in a German translation earlier this month under the title Flieg, Hitler, Flieg. Why is it out in Germany, Austria and Switzerland before it's out in the UK? No particular reason. I mention it because I've just had a long review in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, and I'm pleased to say it's a review that really gets the book. (Well, I think it does; although I'm now writing a novel with a German protagonist, I don't actually speak any German, so I've had to use Google Translate. "And yet he succumb especially those who aspire as Erskine nigh hysterical after drift-order systems." Couldn't have put it better myself.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ned,

I've just read your novel in the german translation and I really liked it, especially the crazy figures and the the way, your are mixing the different narrative levels. Hope, the book will find many readers in the UK, too.

Cheers,
Matthias